Saturday, March 5, 2011

Season 1 Overview

Hey kids! Season 1 of Buffy is over, and what did we learn?

Buffy has a sacred calling™ to kill vampires.
Buffy cannot be a normal teenager.
Giles Watches Buffy.
Willow is nerdy, and Xander is awful. They research.
Angel is a dreamy vampire. He and Buffy have a forbidden love.
Cordelia is popular. Her jokes are witty and acerbic.
Sunnydale is on the Hellmouth, which is apparently both a location and a monster. I think.
Joyce doesn't know that her daughter is the slayer and thinks that vampires are actually PCP gangs.
Principal Snyder is a big cuddly teddy bear. He was not eaten by students like the last principal. (The kids ate their principal.)

If you haven't read through my ridiculously long episode-by-episode synopsis of season 1, this information should be enough for you to understand my ridiculously long episode-by-episode snyposis of season 2. Get excited.

I've been told that the compulsion to archive and make lists is just a dude thing, so I guess I'm a dude. Here's my ranking of season 1 episodes:

1. Angel
2. The Pack
3. Witch
4. Prophecy Girl
5. The Puppet Show
6. Never Kill A Boy On The First Date
7. Teacher's Pet
8. Welcome To The Hellmouth
9. I, Robot...You, Jane
10. Out Of Mind, Out Of Sight
11. Nightmares
12. The Harvest

No comments:

Post a Comment